Hi there! Alex here (the owner of The Pic Happy Design). Data privacy matters a great deal to me when I’m online. So, I’d like to take a moment to tell you how your data is handled when you interact with this website.
Pic Happy Design is an art & design brand.
Should you ever have any concerns with regards to how your data is being handled when you interact with this website, do not hesitate to drop me a line and I’d be very happy to assist you with your query. I’m reachable on pichappydesign(at)veryfast(dot)biz.
THIRD-PARTY & COOKIES
To run and manage this website, I use the following service providers:
- WordPress.com – website provider
These third-party service providers operate under their own respective privacy and cookie policies:
Note: WordPress.com operates under the trading name of Automattic and Gravatar is a service offered by Automattic.
I do not, at this stage, use anything else on this website, meaning no plugins, google analytics, email building list service such as Mailchimp, ads and other third-party service providers.
DATA I AM EXPOSED TO BUT DO NOT COLLECT
As part of its service, WordPress.com makes website followers visible to website owners in the form of a list.
If you are a WordPress.com user, you’ll appear on the list as the gravatar you picked for yourself. If you chose to follow the website with an email address, that email is the piece of data that will show up in the list. If you chose to follow from your social profile, the email address and username used there will show up on the list along with your WordPress.com gravatar and posts if you happen to also be a WordPress.com user.
This list of followers is downloadable as csv file. I do not use this csv download functionality at the moment. In other words, your follower data always stays on my dashboard.
All I do is regularly visit my followers list simply to have an idea of who follows the website. But I do not write nor download this list for marketing activities.
If you do not wish me to see who you are – WordPress.com gravatar, email address or else – you need to unfollow this website.
PIC HAPPY DESIGN
WHAT DATA I COLLECT
I collect personal data from my website visitors when these choose to send me an email directly from their personal mailbox.
I collect the below data from you:
- Content of email
- Time and date the email was sent to me
I collect these in my mailbox provided to me by Fastmail.
WHY I COLLECT THIS DATA
Under the GDPR, my legal basis for collecting and processing the above data are:
- I have a legitimate interest in allowing you to get in touch with me so I can be of value to my audience
- Consent – When you email me, you choose to share your basic personal data like name and email address with me, which implies that you are happy with me to not only see these but also use them to respond to your email should it require a response.
Under the new data protection law, the GDPR, you have the right to withdraw your consent for me to collect and process your data any time. Please see further down how to.
WHERE I GET THIS DATA FROM
Direct Email: you, the website visitor.
WHAT I DO WITH THIS DATA (HOW LONG I STORE IT & RESPONDING)
Essentially, after you chose to get in touch, I’ll end up with the above data in my mailbox. That’s the collecting part of it.
Then, I read your email and treat it the following way:
- Your email does not require a response. In this case, I will delete it as soon as I’ve read it.
- Your email requires a response. In this case, I will respond first then delete the email.
This website is hosted and operated by WordPress.com, meaning security is solely the responsibility of WordPress.com. And they are very good at security.
In addition to using a very secure web solution, I also take extra precautions by using an encrypted computer and following good practices when working with technology.
Personal Data is typically collected and processed, as explained above, by WordPress.com, Fastmail and myself when you interact with this website.
Should you no longer wish your data to be collected and processed in such ways, you have the right to withdraw consent for us to handle your data the way we do.
WITHDRAWING CONSENT FOR PIC HAPPY DESIGN & FASTMAIL TO COLLECT AND PROCESS DATA
If you sent me an email that required an answer and haven’t heart from me yet but you are no longer happy about your personal data ending in my Fastmail mailbox and being collected and processed in such a way, please send me another email at pichappydesign(at)veryfast(dot)biz and ask that I delete all your details and emails asap. I will do so at my earliest convenience, bearing in mind I check my emails several times a week.
WITHDRAWING CONSENT FOR WORDPRESS.COM TO MAKE YOUR DATA VISIBLE TO US
If you are no longer happy about WordPress.com showing me your information – under your avatar or your email – when you follow on this website, you need to do one of the following:
- Unfollow the Pic Happy Design website
- Request that I delete you as a follower via email
Find out more about your rights under the GDPR below.
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE GDPR
Under the GDPR, the new data protection law, you have the following rights:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing –You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing –You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability –You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, I have one month to respond to you.
Contact me at pichappydesign(at)veryfast(dot)biz if you wish to enquire about the data I hold on you and how I use it.
Last updated: September 2020
INFORMATION COMMISSIONER’S OFFICE
You can also contact the Information Commissioner’s Office at Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF or by phone on 0303 123 1113.